Milo is a 3-year-old Shepherd/Beagle mix. Healthy, lively, curious, adventurous … And yet, mere 10 minutes of one evening could have meant Milo’s untimely death.
It took only 10 minutes of being busy with other things for Milo’s mom to find him lying motionless on the floor, his head covered by a bag of potato chips that had been left on a coffee table.
Milo was motionless, unresponsive and barely breathing.
Milo was lucky that his mom used to work as a critical care nurse. She knew exactly what to do. She quickly removed the bag from Milo’s head, checked his airway and began rescue breathing. After what seemed like an eternity, Milo started breathing on his own.
Milo’s brain was deprived of oxygen.
Immediately after the incident, he was unsteady and wobbly–which has resolved but it seems that he’s suffering hearing loss. Depending on what happened, it may or may not resolve. Either way–amazingly lucky to walk away from such incident with just that.
Dogs are dying from suffocation all the time.
Please help spread awareness about pet suffocation. The only way to prevent this tragedy from happening is to be aware of it … and to help ensure that others are aware of it, too!
Visit PreventiveVet to participate in prevention campaign.
#IfOnlyIKnew: Milo’s Brush With a Chip Bag